There is a helpful list of shortcuts in QuickBooks Online. It can be accessed by pressing the
following keys at the same time:
CTRL + ALT + ? When you press this shortcut, QuickBooks Online displays the list of
In addition to these shortcuts, you can access date shortcuts on transactions. To use the date
shortcuts, place your cursor in any date field in QuickBooks online and use the following
• T – enters today’s date
• W – enter the first day in the week
• K – enters the last day in the week
• Y – enters the first day in the year
• R – enters the last day in the year
• M – enters the first day in the month
H – enters the last day in the month
It is recommended that you use the following browsers:
- Google Chrome – available across all platforms including Chromebooks, Windows and
- Firefox – available across all platforms.
- Safari – available on MAC. Not fully supported.
- Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer – not fully supported
- Right click on any link in QuickBooks and click Open Link in New Tab
- Drag and drop the new tab where needed.
Bookmark Bar Shortcut
Add a shortcut to the bookmarks bar to create a one-click link to any page in QuickBooks.
- Navigate to any page in QuickBooks.
- Click the star icon in the browser address bar.
- Name the shortcut as needed.
There are several important ways to use tools available on transactions in QuickBooks.
The more menu in QuickBooks is available on any ‘Saved’ transaction. The More menu lets you
have access to additional information and tools to work with the transaction.
Click ‘More’ to see the following options:
Copy – copy any transaction in QuickBooks saving time when creating duplicate entries
Void – void any transaction
Delete – delete the transactions
Previous Transaction Button
Click the clock icon in the top-left corner of the transaction.
QuickBooks Online lets you upload and save attachments on any transaction. This makes
referencing source documents easier and more efficient. To add an attachment:
- Open an invoice
- Click attachments icon
- Browse for the attachment
- Click Save
Clear All Lines – click this button to delete all lines on the transaction
Add Lines – click this button to add additional lines to the transaction
Add Subtotal – click to add a subtotal
Trash Can Icon – click this button to delete a transaction line
Reorder Lines – click the icon to the left of any line to reorder the lines on the transaction
Creating an invoice in QBO will create an accounts receivable transaction. You can automate the
invoice by clicking Make Recurring at the bottom of the invoice window.
- To create an invoice for specific customer, click Create Invoice next to their name. The
invoice window displays.
- Complete the Invoice form. There are several key elements to completing the form. They
are the following:
a. Choose the customer
b. Choose the Invoice date and Due date if applicable.
c. Choose the Product/Service à Enter a Quantity à Rate
d. Choose the Sales Tax rate.
- Click Make recurring.
- Click Save Template. This will not only create the invoice but also send it automatically on the assigned date.